An Open Letter to Cool Parents

I started this blog to share some ideas I've had making my daughter's world an awesome place. Occasionally I will stray from this objective by including treats the cultured mommy and daddy might enjoy.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Best Toy Companies are all European

Look, Europe is a disaster.  It turns out sharing a currency was a fantastic idea if you wanted to encourage some of the less reliable economies to lie to get into the EU.  That being said, they make the best toys.


Haba - I really shouldn't have to tell you about this one.  What you may not know about is their world class customer service.  I emailed them to ask about where I could buy some replacement wooden balls for a toy that my daughter lost.  Three days later, I was going to write them again to complain about the lack of response when a package arrived, full of wooden balls.  I didn't pay for shipping, handling or for anything else.  They didn't ask for a receipt or hassle me; they just made my daughter's week.  They made a customer for life that day.
Maileg - They are a wonderful company from Denmark that makes adorable little knit mice and rabbits that come with oversized matchbox beds and tiny little cribs.  My daughter has a little baby rabbit that came with a tiny knit baby bottle and baby blanket.  One of my fondest memories is of seeing her tuck in the little rabbit and feed it from the bottle when she was about 10 months old.
Käthe Kruse - If you have a little girl, do me a favor and get her one of these dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment